The incorrect way through Ikea – or any other big furniture store. This is a short guide for autistic people or anyone, who is interested in getting things done quickly. The most important aspect is this: If you want to be fast, you should choose a time, when fewer people go shopping. On a weekday in the morning, when everyone is at work, for example.
1. Know extactly what you need and make a plan.
2. Write notes of the product number and amount.
3. Get a parking spot near the exit, not the entrance.
4. Enter through the exit and go to an info point.
5. Search for the shelf number using your notes.
6. Get a cart, grab your item of the shelf, pay for it, load the car and drive home. That´s it. Done in less than 15 minutes.